martes, 30 de octubre de 2012

Castle Review, “Probable Cause” (Episode 5, Season 5)

0 comentarios
 

I watch TV. A lot of it. I don’t usually do reviews, or things like that. There are good episodes of every show. There are so-so episodes. There are bad episodes. Some surprise you, of course. Some delight you. And, then, there are episodes like last night’s Castle that leave you go, at the end, wanting to tweet something along the lines of: ANDREW. FREAKING. MARLOWE. YOU GENIOUS, YOU.

I admit it, I was a bit disappointed a couple of weeks ago, when I saw the previews for the next episode of Castle I mean, yeah, it was time to bring some drama to what was becoming a sugary/romance filled Castle/Beckett beginning of the season. (Not that I have anything against happiness, but as a writer, I know this is unlikely to last if you want viewers to continue to tune in). But this …this felt overdone. Castle as the suspect. Haven’t we been here before? I mean, no one was actually going to believe this, right? The guys were going to give him some grief, but soon they were going to go in another direction. And Beckett, well, she the worst this could do was expose their relationship to the rest of the precinct.

Oh, how very wrong I was.

Funny thing is, I never caught up. I had no idea what was going on. In retrospect I almost wish I had decided to live tweet this thing, that’s how hilarious my reactions were. When I actually figured out what was going on (about half a second before 3KX’s actual face appeared on screen) I screamed so loud I scared my sister into thinking there was an actual ax murdered in our house (always fun). And, really, isn’t that what half the fun of watching tv is all about. Sure, we watch because we want to get involved with the characters, because we want to care and all that crap, but mostly, we watch because we want to be entertained, because we want to be surprised, because, at the end of the episodes …we want to be all like …well, I didn’t see THAT ONE COMING.

And, let me tell you, I didn’t see that one coming.

So, even if the ending was a little obvious (it’s hard to kill of a character like that, with all the potential to bring him back and screw up your characters’ lives a little more, I get it), Andrew Marlowe, I take my hat off. Seriously. And, I’m really glad there was nothing in the previews to give it away. Monday night well spent. And I don’t always get to say that.

Good television. Of the kind I wish I could have written. I don’t know if there’s a better compliment than that.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff