lunes, 4 de junio de 2012

How insane is INSANITY? The workout program from hell.

0 comentarios
 

If I tried to find words to explain the past 63 days and my experience with Insanity, I would have to say…it’s been INSANE. Yeah, I know, not very original of me. But it’s close to the truth. These 63 days were not only the proof that, despite many ice cream and potato chip binges in my past, I do have willpower, but also the proof that, all you have to do is find and exercise program that you love, and you will manage to stick to it.

And, I do love Insanity. It’s different every day, so I don’t get bored. (Treadmill, I’m looking at you), and I feel like I’m actually working out. I feel much stronger now than I did a couple of months ago, and yet, during the last few days, I was still sweating through every workout, I was still having a hard time imitating Shaun T, and I still thought I could do better.  

This is hard work. During the first month I thought I knew what working out meant. In fact, the first month workout is still harder than most workouts I’ve ever tried. And then came the second month. I swear, on the first day, I had a hard time deciding what I wanted to do, cry, or puke. I briefly considered the possibility of doing both at the same time. That’s how hard it was. 

But here I am, 63 days later. I did it. I finished. I can now do stuff I was never able to do before, like push-ups. Actual push-ups, not the girly kind. Oh, and don’t even get me started on the push-up jacks. 

So, what I’m going to do now is take a break (my body is screaming for one), and then start back up again. Because maybe I’m a bit insane, and I absolutely love it.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff