jueves, 29 de agosto de 2013

Editing process, an internal Monologue V 1.0

0 comentarios
 


Well, this should be easy. I wrote a damn good book the first time. Who said first drafts were hard? This was much better than I …

Wait…WAIT.

That’s my opening line? Oh, no. No, no, no. That needs work. But, all right, that’s okay. I caught it in time. Now I just need to come up with …oh, crap. The whole paragraph sucks. But that’s okay. I’m still good. I can fix this. This is why they call it editing. Because you need to change things. I’m sure the rest of the chapter is …eh …well, it’s not that bad. 

But in the second chapter, that’s where this gets good…any second now. Any second …oh …well, yeah. This. I so didn’t think this through from the start. Another inconsistency. At least I can see them now. Maybe I should just put them in red or something, so I can do one complete re-read and then fix all those little things that …

NO.

NO.

::GIGANTIC PLOT HOLE SMACKS ME IN THE FACE::

OMG. OMG. OMG. What do I do now? What do I do now? I don’t know what to do. I’m confused. I mean, didn’t I think this through? I obviously did not think this through. I thought I had. I mean, I did. In my head. I obviously needed to write some of this stuff down. Okay, I’ll go get a notebook. 

There, that’s it. I just need to figure this little plot point out, and we’re golden. Write this down. Yes, yes. THAT. Good. I’m good. I can do this. Let’s just keep reading.

30 pages later…

I wrote the most annoying character ever. How did I expect someone to like her? Or HIM, for that matter. Can he be any more bland? And, what is this plot? It does not make sense? Is there even a plot here? What was I thinking?

I don’t know what to do, I don’t know what to do, I don’t know what to do.

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FIX THIS? 

::cries::

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff